Yay me – I’ve been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award!
Ah, one less thing before I die.
I’ve been busy with work this past week so you haven’t seen any new food from me; this post is a nice break.
I just started this blog last month, and I’m really happy to say I have connected with some talented and entertaining fellow bloggers… some of whom already seem like friends.
According to the VBA rules, I have some duties, so here goes:
The nomination and/or award is from Annie; thank you, Annie!
It made me feel warm and fuzzy. Since the VBA is a kind of a pyramid scheme/chain mail, you can check out Annie’s blog: The Little GSP (and her acceptance speech.) I enjoy it and hopefully you will too. :-)
Next, I am to select 15 bloggers and bestow upon them a VBA nomination.
Wow, 15? I haven’t been keeping up with 15 blogs lately, so I’ll start with my top choices and add more later.
My nominations are as follows; check out these great blogs!
- Tahmina for Kolpana Cuisine. I use her recipes; what more can I say?
- Deb for Terrified Tastebud. Follow someone who is in school for culinary arts!
- Katja for Katja’s Kitchen. Lots of variety, clear and concise recipes that sound great.
- Kate for Summer of Pie. Great savory dishes mixed amongst the sweets, and a creative baker who takes great photos.
- Pam and Jecca for Omnomalicious. Comfort and other foods… bonus points for energy.
- Ribana for Cooking with …. Great photos, beautiful food. I love it and I don’t even know Italian. :)
Lastly, 7 things about me, in photos even:
- I’m happily divorced.
Some people are married, not that there’s anything wrong with that; I might do it again.
Perhaps my style of cooking is “bachelor exotic.” For instance, here’s my breakfast (and lunch) today: a burrito stuffed with scrambled egg and an enchilada, in turn, stuffed with rainbow swiss chard, chick peas and green olives… I think I’ll call it a “walking enchilada,” because you can pick it up. :)
- I was involved in a roller derby league and was a team mascot.
(Hence my name “advoskater,” for instance, on Pinterest and YouTube.)
- I’m a PhD candidate. That means I’m almost done… ahem.
Graduate school can be a pretty good place to have a mid-life crisis. :)
- I’m an amateur visual artist.
I especially enjoy figure drawing and etching.
- I’m a traveler.
I’ve been lucky to have traveled quite a bit for my work and studies.
When people ask which places I’d like to revisit, I say Romania (and Transylvania) is at the top of my list.
- I’m an inline skater.
I take my skates with me when I travel and have skated in many great cities around the world.
- I love great beer and beer festivals.
“Once in a while you need a beer strong enough to make up for a bad day.”
That’s it; I hope you were entertained and that you follow the links to discover some great blogs and bloggers!